Gatos y Galletas Rules
Welcome to Gatos y Galletas! Below, we have a little bit of information about our café, our cats and our rules. We ask that all of our guests abide by the rules of our cafe. If you're unable to comply, you will be asked to leave and you will not get a refund.
Visiting Gatos y Galletas
- We have all the cats you need for your visit and we ask that you do not bring any of your own animals to Gatos y Galletas.
- All patrons must wash their hands upon entering and leaving.
- If you have allergies, we cannot dispense allergy medication, but there are pharmacies nearby.
- In the case of any emergency, please immediately alert a staff member for assistance.
- Our cats are…well…cats, so we cannot control everything they do. Their behavior is often in response to the environment and abiding by our rules will limit negative reactions, but cats do their own thing so we cannot be liable for things that may result from interacting with a cat.
- Do not pull on any cat's tail
- No flash photography
- No picking up cats unless supervised by a staff member
- Do not climb the shelves, climb under the benches, or open up any part of the furniture.
- Toys for the cats are available but must be returned before leaving
- Do not give human food/drinks to cats. You may bring food and drinks from the cafe side into the cat side as long as they are in disposable containers. You can only consume food and drinks from Gatos y Galletas at the premises. Some ingredients are toxic to cats and by consuming only Gatos y Galletas food and drinks, we will be 100% sure of all the ingredients that are in your food and drinks.
- You may gently pet sleeping cats, but you may not try to wake them up to engage in play.
- You may not give any food or treats to the cats. We go through great lengths to ensure the best diet for our cats and we cannot control their diets if they are given any food or treats. Also, we do not believe in modifying the behavior of the cats by motivating them to only interact with patrons who have treats.
- Cats wearing collars are new to the facility so be extra gentle around them and you may not disturb/pet them while they sleep
- Toxoplasma Gondii is a parasite occasionally found in the intestines of cats who have eaten infected prey. Humans can become infected with the parasite by accidentally swallowing it after coming into contact with the cat's feces. T. Gondii is the cause of a disease known as toxoplasmosis. People with a healthy immune system often stave off the T. Gondii infection, so it does not present any symptoms. However, pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to infection and may experience flu-like symptoms as a result, while rare, more severe infection may cause blindness and even death.
- You must sign the attached Release, Hold Harmless, and Indemnification Agreement before you may play with any of our animals.
- If you are with a minor, an authorized individual must sign the Release, Hold Harmless, and Indemnification Agreement on behalf of the minor.
- If you are with a minor, you must still sign the attached Release, Hold Harmless, and Indemnification Agreement regardless of whether you intend to play with any of our animals.
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I, (name), residing at (home address), hereby certify that I am over eighteen (18) years of age, and am of sound mind at the time of the execution of this Release, Hold Harmless, and Indemnification Agreement (hereinafter “Release”) and agree to the following:
- Gatos y Galletas and Julia Creations, LLC (hereinafter “Gatos y Galletas”) has available certain cats to be played with by customers at Gatos y Galletas and agrees to allow me to play with same in consideration of both the payment of the fees for same and my execution of this Release and agreeing to be bound by its terms.
- I am aware of and fully understand the inherent dangers involved in playing with cats, including the risk of death and/or personal injury or damage to myself, other persons, my property, and/or the property of others while participating in such activities or having my property at the site of such activities. I further acknowledge that participants in such activities and other persons involved in these activities may not be covered under insurance of Gatos y Galletas and that customers of Gatos y Galletas may not have any right to file a claim against Gatos y Galletas' insurance policy. I freely and voluntarily execute this Release with such knowledge, and assume full and sole responsibility for the risk of death, personal injury and/or property loss arising from or in any way connected with my participation in the activities provided by Gatos y Galletas.
- I agree to abide by all rules and regulations that Gatos y Galletas may impose regarding the cats. I agree to follow all rules and to undertake all activities in a responsible manner. IF I AM UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO FOLLOW ANY RULES, GATOS Y GALLETAS WILL TERMINATE MY CONTINUATION OF SUCH ACTIVITIES, AND I WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF FEES.
- I acknowledge that playing with cats may not be supervised, and Gatos y Galletas staff will not be with me the entire time I am in contact with the cats, but Gatos y Galletas staff will remain on the premises to monitor the activity of all current participants, offer guidance and encouragement, and be available to assist in the event of participant difficulty.
- I have no physical or emotional issue(s), including, but not limited to, any allergies, which would adversely affect my ability to play with the cats in a safe and appropriate manner.
- I agree not to engage in any activity that will injure or otherwise hurt the cats or other live animals in any manner.
- I hereby release and forever discharge Gatos y Galletas, Fat Katz, their respective agents, owners, employees, and independent contractors, and their respective sureties, insurers, successors, assigns, and legal representatives, from any liability, claim, cause of action, demand and damages for injury, death or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever to myself or my property as a result of my engaging in any activities at Gatos y Galletas, including, but not limited to, playing with the cats, whether such injury, death, or property damage is caused by the intentional or negligent act or omission on the part of (i) any other customer of Gatos y Galletas, (ii) any employee, agent, owners, or independent contractor of Gatos y Galletas or Fat Katz, or (iii) any other person at Gatos y Galletas. Furthermore, I agree to pay any and all attorney's fees and costs of Gatos y Galletas, Fat Katz, and any of their respective agents, employees, owners, and independent contractors if I bring any action, claim, or demand against Gatos y Galletas or Fat Katz, or any of their respective agents, employees, owners, and independent contractors for any reason for which this Release applies.
- I agree to defend with counsel chosen by the indemnified party, indemnify, and hold harmless Gatos y Galletas, Fat Katz, their respective agents, employees, owners, and independent contractors, their sureties, insurers, successors, assigns, and legal representatives from any liability, claim, cause of action, demand or damages for injury, death or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever to any person or their property resulting from any actual or claimed intentional or wrongful act or omission by me arising from or as a result of my presence at Gatos y Galletas or my participation in any activities at Gatos y Galletas. I agree to provide said defense and indemnity regardless of the merit of the claim.
- I agree to and hereby bind my heirs, executors, assigns and all other legal representatives by executing this Release.
- I hereby acknowledge and agree that this Release is intended to be construed and interpreted as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of New Mexico. If any portion of this Release is found or declared to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity shall not affect the remainder of this Release not found to be invalid and the remainder of this Release shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Mexico (without regard to the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law, and without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceedings may be instituted), as to all matters, including but not limited to matters of jurisdiction, validity, property rights, construction, effect and performance. All disputes shall be subject to litigation only within the courts of the State of New Mexico, County of Bernalillo.
BY EXECUTING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS HEREOF, HAVE BEEN ADVISED AND HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEEK INDEPENDENT COUNSEL OF MY CHOICE AND CERTIFY THAT I HAVE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY EXECUTED THIS RELEASE. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, BUT FOR THE EXECUTION OF THIS RELEASE AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS HEREOF, GATOS Y GALLETAS WOULD NOT AUTHORIZE ME TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITIES AT GATOS Y GALLETAS.